Protecting your Privacy
1.0 Eluceo Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and will only use information collected about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, any subsequent amendments thereto and all legislation implementing the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”).
1.1 Eluceo Ltd correspondence information:
The Information Officer, Eluceo Ltd, Aldershot Enterprise Centre, Mandora House, Louise Margaret Road, Aldershot, Hampshire, GU11 2PW.
1.2 Information is collected about you for three reasons only:
- when you register to use Eluceo’s career road-mapping tool, iShineⓇ, on Eluceo’s Digital Platform. The data collected is purely for the purpose of running iShineⓇ. It will be maintained by you and the data will only be removed when you choose to delete it. We will inform you if there are any changes to iShineⓇ.
- for registration and receiving certificate(s) from the AQA UAS Accreditation Authority. The data is removed from the Eluceo system three years after registration.
- when you volunteer to write blogs for Eluceo on the Eluceo Digital Platform. The data collected is purely for the blogs and will be maintained by you. You can contact Eluceo Ltd via the Contact Form on the Digital Platform or write to the Eluceo Information Officer (see 1.1) if you want your blogging account to be deleted.
1.3 Eluceo Ltd will not rent, sell or share information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies.
1.4 Eluceo Ltd will under no circumstances collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
1.5 Emails sent through the Eluceo Digital Platform, including contact form inquiries, are one-off emails and will be deleted after replying. However, you will be prompted to give consent if you want your name and email address retained for Eluceo’s online newsletter circulation. You can select to unsubscribe to the newsletter anytime by choosing the ‘unsubscribe’ option.
1.6 Eluceo Ltd will not distribute any email addresses to any third party or use them for anything other than their intended purpose.
1.7 You have the right to ask Eluceo Ltd for any information that we hold on you. For this request please contact Eluceo Ltd via the Contact Form on the Digital Platform or write to the Eluceo Information Officer (see 1.1).
1.8 All personal information will be held securely in accordance with our Security Policy. Eluceo Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) under registration reference: ZA301876. You have a right to complain to the ICO if you think there is a problem with the way Eluceo Ltd is handling your information.
1.9 Eluceo Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23rd August 2021.
2.0 Eluceo Ltd ensures that all information about you is securely held at all times.
2.1 Information collected via the Eluceo Digital Platform is held in a secure server hosted by Joomla Wired Ltd. Details on how Joomla Wired protects your information are available here.
2.2 The Eluceo Digital Platform communicates with the Joomla Wired server over a secure 128bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encrypted connection.
2.3 Information collected for the Accreditation Authority is stored in secure machines protected by a “firewall” in Eluceo’s premises.
2.4 No information, electronic or otherwise, is made available to anyone other than fully authorised Eluceo Ltd personnel.
3.0 A cookie is a small text file which is placed on your computer when you browse websites. Eluceo Ltd currently use the following cookies in the Digital Platform as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies which are used e.g. to make a website work and to manage the login and access to iShineⓇ (these cookies are held in the session for a short time just in case the user wants to return to the platform),
- Performance cookies (Google Analytics cookies) which collect information about how websites are used e.g. which pages are visited, providing statistics on how a website is used and measuring any errors that occur – these do not collect any information that could personally identify a user and are used to improve websites, to understand the interests of users and to measure the effectiveness of advertising,
- Advertising cookies– these are widely used in online advertising and neither us nor our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies. It is worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies does not mean that you will not see adverts, it just means that they will no longer be tailored to you.
3.1 A cookie in no way gives Eluceo Ltd access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
3.2 You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the features of the Eluceo Digital Platform.
Links to other websites
4.0 The Eluceo Digital Platform contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that Eluceo Ltd do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, Eluceo Ltd cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
4.1 In addition to weblinks, Eluceo Ltd also includes affiliate links in some pages of the website. These links could be to a product or to the homepage of a merchant website. Eluceo Ltd earns a small commission when a user clicks a link and buys a product that Eluceo Ltd has featured or from the merchant website in general. Any article that contains an affiliate link is clearly labelled. Eluceo Ltd content and product selection is never influenced by the merchants and is not written for the purpose of promoting a product. The commission earned enables Eluceo Ltd to provide a free service to the users of the Eluceo Education platform and iShineⓇ.
4.2 Eluceo Ltd works with an affiliate aggregator called Skimlinks to manage the Eluceo Affiliate programme. Information of how Eluceo Affiliate programme works is described in the affiliate links document here. Users can also opt out of Skimlinks here.
4.3 Eluceo Ltd does not share any of your data with Skimlinks or the third-party websites that you visits when following an affiliate link.